Updated: Mar 21
Do You Make These 5 Affiliate Mistakes?
You might have come across a fantastic product and you’re thinking of signing up as an Affiliate!
But before you get carried away, here are a few pointers/tips that can save you both time and money!
1. Is the sales letter/sales copy any good, you can read the headline first. It’s been observed that, a good headline makes a big difference (it’s been proven that 75% of people make up their minds of purchasing a product just from reading the headline alone.)
Is the rest of the sales letter persuades you, do you find yourself reading being drawn through the sales letter? Would you buy the product yourself? If you would, others probably would as well. It's very simple!
2. Check for any “leaks” on the sales page? Leaks I mean here are, is there any thing on the webpage/landing page/sales page to distract your visitor from making a purchase or a way for you could lose out a commission!.
Examples of leaks might be…
- Phone numbers that the buyer could order from and deal directly with the seller, that is causing you to lose out on a commission!
- E-mail addresses for the same reason as above.
- Excessive pop-ups or slow loading webpage that can irritate your prospect. (You should know that, people on the internet want everything in an instant; so don’t expect them to hang around! that would distract or confuse them!) A confused mind never buys.
3. Check for any testimonials on the sales page, the more testimonials the better; especially showing how the person has benefited from using the product.
4. Check for guarantee being offered with the product, is it a 15 day or 30 day or 60 day risk free guarantee. Don’t worry about a longer guarantee costing you money and people asking for their money back as it's been observed that the longer the guarantee, the less refunds you’ll get.
5. If you can, buy the product so you know yourself if it’s any good product or not. There’s no point sending traffic to a website, making some commissions and then finding out the products poor quality and everyone wants their money back.
Overall, once these mistakes are taken care of, I believe this should save you a lot of time and frustration when looking for a product to become an affiliate of.
And remember not everyone browsing the web is going around with their wallet open looking to purchase something so don’t be disheartened if you get a lot of “No’s” before you get a “Yes.”!
I hope this information might have helped you in your Affiliate Marketing Online Business journey.
All the best...
P.S: If you're interested, you can check out these 81 Affiliate Marketing FAQs and answers to see if they may help you move forward as an Affiliate Marketer with confidence!