Virtual Reality (VR) – Latest Amazing 16 Key Stats And Facts!
Virtual reality (VR) is a simulated experience similar to or completely different from the real world.
1. VR market size 2021: 4.8bn USD
2. VR gaming market size 2021: 1.4bn USD
3. VR Headset unit sales 2021: 6m
4. Most popular VR headset category 2020: Standalone HMD
5. Most popular VR headset device 2020: Oculus Quest 2
6. Top improvements to VR hardware: Smaller and more fashionable devices
7. Top VR applications in healthcare: Training simulations and studying diseases in 3D
8. Top VR applications in education: Immersive teaching experiences and soft skills development.
9. Top VR applications in manufacturing: Design and prototyping of products
10. The industry as a whole is growing at a fast pace, with the global VR market size projected to increase from less than five billion U.S. dollars in 2021 to more than 12 billion U.S. dollars by 2024.
11. Global revenue within the VR gaming industry is forecast to grow from 0.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2017 to 2.4 billion U.S. dollars by 2024.
12. It is forecast that virtual reality (VR) will boost gross domestic product (GDP) worldwide by 450 billion U.S. dollars by 2030, with the value added to the economy in the U.S. is expected to be more than 150 billion U.S. dollars, while in China, the boost is set to approach 55 billion U.S. dollars.
13. During a 2022 survey, 27 percent of responding game developers worldwide stated that they were currently developing games for the Oculus Quest virtual reality headset.
14. VR headset suppliers include Oculus, Sony, HTC, and Valve, with interest in these vendors often rising in line with the timing of new product releases.
15. Oculus is a VR hardware and software specialist based in California, United States, and is a subsidiary of Facebook.
16. The global augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) market reached 28 billion U.S. dollars in 2021, rising to over 250 billion U.S. dollars by 2028.
Source: Statista [Published by Thomas Alsop, Mar, 4, 2022]
P.S: Alternatively, if you are seriously interested in amazing insights and stats from specific business marketing domains and verticals, you can find them here to drive results for your business. Let the data and stats speak!
P.S.S: If you think this blog post will benefit you or others in your network/community, please share it, so that those in need can benefit from your tiny efforts! Also, don’t forget to see other value-packed blog posts from this blog that might help you/your business.