This website or blog productively aims at educating & empowering beginner and intermediate level digital marketers including online business owners to boost their business and marketing goals. [Readers from 40 Countries].
There are no sponsored posts on this blog. No free products were received. Promotions via affiliate links with commission only on successful sales/leads. Happy reading and learning.
YouTube is a powerful social media platform that can help you build your personal brand in a big way. With over 2.5 billion monthly active users, it's one of the most popular websites on the planet.
Furthermore, people spend about 23.1 hours per month on the platform [Source: Digital 2023 Global Overview Report by Meltwater and We Are Social]. In this post, I'll share expert-proven tips on how to use YouTube to build your personal brand.
Do you know? - “YouTube is popular across every age group. Seventy-seven percent of 18- to 35-year-olds can be reached through YouTube. The age group with the lowest reach is 65+, yet it still boasts 67% reach. Basically, everyone is watching YouTube and 62% of users are on YouTube every day”- Social Media Marketing Trends 2023 by Social Media Examiner
Use YouTube to Build a Personal Brand:
Here are the top 6 tips for using YouTube to build your personal brand:
1. Create a YouTube channel: The first step is to create a YouTube channel. Make sure that you choose a name that reflects your personal brand. Add a profile picture and a cover photo that are consistent with your brand or business.
To get ideas and inspiration for your own profile, which should reflect your personality, you can look at other profiles.
"Experimentation allows you to understand your audience better so that you can create video after video that they will love and engage with. If YouTube is finding videos for viewers, create videos your viewers will love" - Search Engine Land
2. Develop a content strategy:The next step is to develop a content strategy. What type of content do you want to create? Who is your target audience? What value do you want to provide? These are all important questions that you need to answer before you start creating content.
Prior to doing this, you must have determined your niche [or area of expertise], because you cannot talk about every subject.
“Remember that as you create content and get to know your audience more, you’ll uncover more pain points and opportunities to serve them with what they need at the right time” – FoundationInc
3. Produce high-quality videos: Once you've developed a content strategy, it's time to start creating videos. Make sure that your videos are high-quality and well-produced. Use good lighting and sound equipment, and edit your videos carefully. This increases engagement, and reach.
4. Optimize your videos for SEO:YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, so it's important to optimize your videos for SEO.
Use relevant keywords in your video titles and descriptions, and add tags that are relevant to your content. This increases reach and engagement.
5. Promote your videos: Once you've uploaded your videos, it's time to promote them. Share them on social media, embed them on your website, and include them in email newsletters. This increases reach and engagement.
“If you’re looking to get the most video traffic from Google, it’s imperative that you make sure you embed your videos from YouTube and not some other source” – Sterling Sky
6. Engage with your audience: Finally, it's important to engage with your audience. Respond to comments, ask for feedback, and encourage your viewers to subscribe to your channel. This increases reach and engagement.
“Start and join conversations with the community you’ve already cultivated. This is a key engagement driver, and engagement is a major driver for increasing post reach” – Sprout Social
Top YouTube Search Queries:
Image Source - Digital 2023 Global Overview Report by Meltwater and We Are Social
Pro-Tip: Consistent efforts are necessary to build a personal brand. Publishing YouTube videos at least twice a week is a good move.
In conclusion, YouTube can be a powerful channel for building your personal brand. By creating high-quality content, optimizing your videos for SEO, and engaging with your audience from time to time, you can build a loyal following and establish yourself as an expert in your field.
You are currently on the Digital Marketing Forum page; for more information on various topics that may be helpful, please visit Blog Posts (button below) and [share any content post you love] with your network.
[Create unique and quality content [faster, and easier] using this AI-powered tool]
[Want to grow & stay ahead of your competitors? - use these e-Newsletters to your advantage!]
[If you have any specific questions in mind, please drop a mail and I will answer through a post at the earliest possible time]. Check this forum frequently for fresh posts.