20 short pieces of advice to BOOST your copywriting:
1. You're the least important person for your prospect, don't focus on you.
2. People care only about the benefits they gain.
3. People don't read testimonials; instead, they scroll to see how many there are.
4. Write that a 5-year-old kid can understand you.
5. Avoid big blocks of text.
6. Don't use complex words to describe something that simple words can.
7. Your writing sounds believable when you use specific numbers and language.
8. People will do more to prevent a loss than gain pleasure.
9. The most powerful words are 'YOU' and 'FREE.'
10. Crank up emotions with powerful words; Astonishing, jaw-dropping, bloodcurdling.
11. Editing is a part of a good copy.
12. Don't use the word "very"
13. Use contractions; "You're" instead of "You are"
14. Avoid words with "-ing."
15. Emulate others' success. They were doing the same ;)
16. Focus on one strongest benefit in your copy.
17. Don't make people feel "sold."
18. Length of the offer doesn't matter as long as it's engaging.
19. Read low-rate reviews of your competitors and use that info to handle objections in your copy.
20. Use active voice over passive.
Thanks for reading.
Loved the content? Follow Przemek Slapek on Twitter @PrzemekSlapek for more such Copywriting tips.
Note: The content on the Twitter thread has been turned into this blog post for the reading convenience of non-Twitter users or readers, with the hope that it will help and inspire.
Do you use Twitter? Want to read the original Twitter thread of this post? Access below:
All the best....
By the way, if you are interested, you may access: What It Takes To Become A Copywriter To Earn
P.S: If you think this blog post will benefit you or others in your network/community, please share it, so that those in need can benefit from your tiny efforts! Also, don’t forget to see other value-packed blog posts from this blog that might help you/your business.