Augmented Reality (AR) – Latest Crucial 17 Key Stats And Facts!
Augmented reality (AR) technology integrates digital information with the physical environment, live and in real-time.
1. Mobile AR market size 2021: 9.5bn USD
2. Number of mobile AR active users 2021: 810m
3. AR Glasses unit sales 2021: 410k
4. AR Glasses revenue 2021: 4.7bn USD
5. Consumer AR glasses unit sales 2021: 40k
6. Top improvements to AR software:
Improved application experiences and connectivity
7. Top AR applications in healthcare:
Training simulations and assisted surgeries
8. Top AR applications in manufacturing:
Real-time remote assistance, inspection, and maintenance
9. Top AR applications in smart cities:
Navigation and urban planning
10. The number of mobile AR users is forecast to grow to
1.73 bn by 2024.
11. AR Glasses sales are expected to rise to 3.9mn by 2024.
12. Enterprise spending on AR Glasses is forecast to grow to nearly 12bn USD by 2024.
The enterprise setting includes data visualization in corporate environments, as well as AR glasses software purchases by brands as they look to create AR experiences for customers.
13. Magic Leap, and Vuzix continue to innovate, developing devices that are helping to support the increased adoption of AR across a range of sectors.
14. In 2022, there will be an estimated 1.1 billion mobile AR users worldwide.
15. By 2023, it is anticipated that global AR headset shipments will reach over 30 million units, over 12 times the number expected to be shipped in 2020.
16. The commercial use cases for augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) that are expected to receive the largest investment in 2024 are training and industrial maintenance with 4.1 billion U.S. dollars forecast to be invested in both fields.
VR gaming, VR video/feature viewing, and AR gaming make up the three largest consumer use cases for augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR), with 17.6 billion U.S. dollars expected to be spent in 2024.
17. AR can also be used to help improve efficiencies in a company, particularly with ‘see what I see’ capabilities for remote assistance, as well as the overlaying of data on the physical world image.
On-site assembly, safety, in addition to industrial maintenance, are all use cases of AR that are expected to see strong growth in the coming years.
Source: Statista [Published by Thomas Alsop, Nov, 4, 2021 and allied pages]
By the way, if you are interested, you may access 'Virtual Reality (VR) – Latest Amazing 16 Key Stats And Facts!'
P.S: If you think this blog post will benefit you or others in your network/community, please share it, so that those in need can benefit from your tiny efforts! Also, don’t forget to see other value-packed blog posts from this blog that might help you/your business.