Why Push Notifications are important in Online Marketing?:
Push notifications are a powerful tool used by online businesses to communicate with their customers. The two most common uses for push notifications are for marketing campaigns and for customer engagement.
They are delivered directly to a customer's cell phone or browser and can be used to inform them of special offers, update them on their order status, or remind them to take action on something important.
They are also displayed regardless of whether the app is open or not and they can be designed to attract attention and encourage interaction.
"On average the US smartphone user get 46 push notifications a day"- Business of Apps [Twitter Profile]
This type of marketing can be highly effective because it connects with the customer on a personal level. It also allows you to stay top of mind and build a relationship with your customers.
If you're using push notifications in your marketing campaigns, you need to make sure that you're using them effectively.
"55–60% of all mobile users opt into push notifications" - Sendmunk
Here are the 5 best tips for using push notifications to generate higher engagement:
1. Clear and direct, and message: Your message should be brief and clear so that the customer knows exactly what you're trying to convey. Use a consistent tone and style.
2. Use relevant information: Use content information that is relevant and timely so that the customer will be interested in what you have to say.
3. Use marketing assets: Including graphics, images, or video can help to convey your message and make it more engaging. [Here are some great tools to help you]
4. Don’t be aggressive: Avoid sending multiple notifications about the same thing.
5. Stop doing: Don't use push notifications as a way to ask for likes or follows.
Overall, Push Notifications are a great way to keep your users engaged with your brand and app and are also considered as an emerging marketing strategy in a post-pandemic world.
Are you aware of this? The best marketers in the world read this Dan Kennedy’s Newsletter. Would you like to be one among them and stay ahead of the curve!
P.S: Please don’t forget to forward this blog post to your network so they can get the best tips, practices, strategies, education, resources, and tools to help their businesses grow.