Metaverse – Latest Interesting 14 Key Stats and Facts!
1. Market cap of Web 2.0 Metaverse companies: 14.8tr USD
2. Number of users of Web 3.0 Virtual Worlds: 50000
3. Share of adults considering joining the Metaverse: 74%
4. Meta’s revenue in 2021: 118bn USD
5. Main reason Facebook changed its name to Meta, according to US adults: To distance itself from negative press.
6. Share of U.S Adults who have a very unfavourable opinion of Mark Zuckerberg: 32%
7. Main reason US Consumers would join the metaverse
To experience things they can’t in a physical reality
8. Biggest concern of US adults on the future of the metaverse
(public opinion): Privacy
9. Share of US adults who still don’t understand what the metaverse is (public opinion) : 29%
10. Market size of AR, VR and MR (mixed reality) worldwide in 2021:
11. Forecast number of mobile augmented reality users worldwide in 2024: 1.73 bn
12. Share of VR users who use VR daily: 32%
13. Zuckerberg himself has stated that no one company will own and operate the metaverse. Instead, it will act as a collective space, like the internet, with openness a key feature
14. The metaverse as a term was coined in Neal Stephenson's 1992 science fiction novel Snow Crash, where humans, as avatars, interact with each other.
Source: Statista (Published by Joseph Johnson, March, 23, 2022)
P.S: If you think this blog post will benefit you or others in your network/community, please share it, so that those in need can benefit from your tiny efforts! Also, don’t forget to see other value-packed blog posts from this blog that might help you/your business.