How to deal with negative comments or a brand reputation crisis in marketing & business development?
A negative comment is more likely to be heard in a public setting than in private, and so it may be more difficult to deal with. However, you can respond in a way that shows that you are taking the negative comments seriously and that you are working to improve.
Here are the top 5 strategies to deal with negative comments or a brand reputation crisis:
1. First, understand why the situation is happening. Are your customers disengaging or complaining? What is causing this situation?
2. Once you understand the situation, talk to the people involved and find a resolution. If a complaint is valid, try to fix the issue or come up with a solution. If the customer is wrong or just has a different experience than you, explain why that's okay and what can be done to make things better.
3. If the negativity is from a brand reputation crisis, you might not be able to change it. However, you can accept it and learn from it. Then fix the problems you notice in your company and your brand. Make sure they are not repeated so that everyone understands what is and isn't acceptable behavior.
4. Take positive steps forward to turn things around. Try new marketing approaches or product changes to improve your brand reputation. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
5. Finally, you can also offer a customer loyalty program that helps directly in improving the brand positioning and brand image through existing customers.
Pro-Tip: You can also try to turn the conversation around by asking specific questions about the situation or the person who made the comment. This can show that you are taking the situation seriously and that you are interested in learning more about it.
The review handling workflow procedure outlined below [Infographic] may be more effective in strengthening opportunities to assist the above initiatives.
Overall, keep the conversation focused on how to improve your brand or product in the market and how to improve interactions with customers that would help effectively in dealing with negative comments and also improves brand reputation.
All the best...
By the way, if you are interested, you may access - How can a brand audience be improved
P.S: If you think this blog post will benefit you or others in your network/community, please share it, so that those in need can benefit from your tiny efforts! Also, don’t forget to see other value-packed blog posts from this blog that might help you/your business.