Website Copywriter Job Description - [Be market ready]
Website Copywriter Job Description:
If you're looking for a job as a website copywriter, you'll be responsible for writing engaging and persuasive content for web pages. While working for a business, company, or brand, your job description typically includes things like this.
“57.1% of survey respondents reported using AI content tools for writing long-form copy e.g. blog posts” – Aira and Verblio’s Future of AI Content Marketing Study 
Website Copywriter Job Description:
1. You'll work with web designers, developers, and marketing teams to ensure the content is on-brand and optimized for search engine visibility.
“In an increasingly visual world, ensuring your website or other web presence has high quality visuals is key to engaging your readers and audience” – Google for Creators
2. You should have a good understanding of the brand's or business’s target audience and their interests so you can create copy and content that resonates with them.
3. Your job as a website copywriter will also involve researching topics and writing content for web pages. This can include blog posts, product descriptions, homepage copy, landing page copy, and any other type of web page content.
“When you create a website, you're in charge. You decide what you post, how others interact with it, and how long you keep it active. This is a safe hub you can always direct your followers to and keep your content alive” – Google for Creators
4. You'll need to have strong research skills and be able to write in the brand's or business’s unique voice.
5. You'll also need to stay up to date on SEO best practices to ensure that your content is optimized for search engine visibility. This includes writing keyword-rich meta descriptions, picking the right keywords, and using internal links strategically.
In addition to writing copy, you are also often responsible for editing existing content and ensuring it meets the business and marketing standards.
6. You'll need to have strong grammar and vocabulary skills and be able to recognize when a piece of copy needs improvement.
You may be asked even to assist in developing strategies for content creation, such as producing content calendars or brainstorming topics for upcoming blog posts.
“Focus on people and their needs when creating high-quality content. Get it right and you’ll see more website visitors, click-throughs, and conversions” – Margarita Loktionova, Content Marketing Lead at Semrush
7. You should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
8. You should be well aware of including hands-on experience in using analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of website copy and other website content pages.
9. Last but not least, you need to keep up with the most recent digital marketing trends and best practices, and add them as necessary to website copy and content pages.
You can even access the LinkedIn Jobs platform to get more detailed job descriptions for website copywriters as posted by companies and brands across the world.
“AI solutions augment human potential by enhancing their abilities rather than replacing them” – Grammarly Business [via MARKETING DIVE]
Pro-Tip: Don't overlook the possibilities of using AI copy and content writing tools in your workplace operations to increase creativity and productivity because doing so will help you stay one step ahead of the competition.
Overall, the ultimate goal of the website copywriter job description includes producing compelling and persuasive copy and other web content that will assist businesses to generate conversions while potential customers are on screen.
Here's related information that you may find helpful – How important is CTA for Copywriters and Marketers?
P.S: Ready to [unlock the power of digital marketing] and drive [your] business forward? – Access my forum today
P.S.S: Please don’t forget to forward this blog post to your network so they can get the best tips, practices, strategies, education, resources, & tools to help their businesses grow [sharing is caring].