Retail Digital Transformation - How to Reshape its Experience?
The retail experience is changing. Shoppers have become more demanding and wise, while the competition for their dollars has become more intense. What’s more, they have more buying options than ever before.
Looking ahead, retailers are likely to face multiple challenges. It is important that retailers stay relevant and well connected with their customers by providing a seamless and pleasurable shopping experience.
Additionally, they need to capture and keep shoppers engaged throughout their journey through the conversion funnel. Failing to do so could result in lost sales or customers to competitors!
"Mobile shopping apps are becoming more profitable for retailers and popular among users" - Key insights about Mobile eCommerce [Statista]
Here are a few important and top tips on how retailers can reshape the digital retail experience:
1. Understand your customer: Know who your target audience is and what their needs and preferences are. What drives them? What types of content do they like to see? Where are they most likely to be found - on social media, email, or another channel? This will help you tailor your messaging to resonate with them.
2. Map out your customer journey: Map out the steps your customer takes from awareness through acquisition to retention and beyond. Where are potential roadblocks that may turn them away from your brand? Where can you intervene or supplement along their journey with relevant content or offers?
3. Optimize for conversions: The goal of any online marketing campaign should be to drive conversions - whether it’s signups, downloads, purchases, or anything else.
Focus on what actions lead to those results and make sure you’re optimizing for them along the customer journey.
Make sure your message is clear and tailored to the needs of your target audience - both on-site and off-site - as well as your site’s design and UI/UX features such as menus, navigation, layout, buttons, and CTAs.
"According to recent research by Salesforce, 80% of consumers now consider the experience a company provides to be as important as its products and services" - Key insights and facts from Genesys Report
4. Use technology effectively: There are numerous technologies out there that can help you track customer behavior and engagement across channels, as well as influence their journey through automated email campaigns, push notifications, and chatbots. Make sure you’re using these tools wisely.
"By 2024, over 50% of retail chatbot interactions will be completed successfully without the need for human intervention. As a result, retailers should implement chatbots as part of a wider omnichannel retail strategy to maximize their presence in a number of key retail channels" - Genesys
They can also be helpful in keeping in touch with your customers while providing them with valuable information and offers that may be of interest to them along their journey.
Additionally, analytics marketing tools can be used to gain insight into consumer behavior and preferences, allowing retailers to better tailor their offerings to meet consumer needs.
5. Human engagement: Through human engagement, the experience can be reshaped by creating a great culture within an organization. This can be done through both HR and leadership efforts. A culture of cooperation and collaboration will lead to more efficient workflows and a happier workforce.
Overall, the digital retail experience can be reshaped by improving the user experience with increased convenience of shopping, better product discovery, and improved search functionality.
Related Post: 24 Latest Facts About Retail Business Industry
P.S: Also, visit Digital Marketing Forum that answers to [most un-answered] questions.
P.S.S: Please don’t forget to forward this blog post to your network so they can get the best tips, practices, strategies, education, resources, and tools to help their businesses grow.